I love risotto. It’s thick, creamy, and luxurious. It goes well with any number of foods. Due to the labor intensive nature of it, I make it only very occasionally and like to pair it with something special.
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine (I use Pinot Grigio)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs butter
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- 4-6 cups stock (I prefer chicken)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5qt+ stock pot
- Spatula for stirring
- Ladle and bowl for stock
- Board and knife
- Dice onions and put aside. Dice garlic.
- Melt butter in the pot. Add the onions and when they are soft, add the garlic.
- Stir until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice and olive oil and make sure each grain is coated.
- Add the wine and stir until absorbed.
- Add stock, just enough to cover the rice by 1/4 inch, and stir until absorbed.
- Repeat this process until the rice is tender and a pleasing texture. You may use more or less stock depending on this.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese, let cool a little and serve.