This is my method for poaching an egg. I do them one at a time using the vortex method, so I advise doing 2 at a time and then to start eating them before they cold! If you want to make multiple eggs at once, use the same method but without making the vortex in the middle. The eggs won’t be as pretty, but they’ll still be yummy!
- Eggs (I used 4)
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 4qt+ pot
- Fine mesh sieve
- Ramekin or small bowl
- Stirring spoon
- Slotted spoon
- Bring the pot of water to the boil, add 1 tbs vinegar.
- Crack an egg into a fine mesh sieve, and let the loose white drip through. Eggs have a yolk, a firm white, and a loose white. The loose white will be very watery, and go through the mesh pretty quickly.
- Pour the egg into a ramekin or small bowl.
- Using the spoon, stir in a circle in the pot and swirl the water into a vortex.
- Gently pour the egg into the center.
- If you are making multiple eggs at once, just put them in apart one at a time. They won’t be as pretty but at least they’ll all stay warm.
- After 4 minutes, remove the egg(s) with a slotted spoon and enjoy!